Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2020

FB Hubs, Brivio Frères Cognin France 1937 (aka Fratelli Brivio) avec papillons Dural Alumin Le Simplex

Shiny brand new in the tattered French box from the Cognin, France factory with "37" 1937-dated cones. FB flip/flop hubs are fitted with Le Simplex Dural Wing Nuts.  FB started the French factory in 1933.  These hubs were intended for the French market, with French freewheel threads on one side.  The other side uses an Italian lock ring.  It's the same threading as modern Campagnolo lock rings.  FB continued to manufacture hubs in both Italy and France.


Notice older Eagle logo on barrels. Wings are about 45° instead of typical 90°.


Cone Date-Stamped "37" and "FB"

Simplex Wing Nuts shown with 1937 Simplex Catalog

5 comments:

Gunnar Berg said...

These are very, very cool. It makes me happy that I do not operate in vintage French world so I do not envy that you owning them and not myself.

Kool Bikes said...

Gunnar, it's never too late for a new obsession. If you need Italian, I have 50s FB hubs, Italia-made, new in the box, too....

Scott said...

Any chance you have a 4 speed, 114 OLN hubset? I need one to get some wheels together for a late 40's Mercier!

Kool Bikes said...

Scott,do you need French-threaded? Or Italian/British freewheel threaded?
francopedia at gee male

Kool Bikes said...

Scott, I'm also in the 650B group. I just messaged you on FB.